Skip to content
July 25, 2010 / stevembca

spring 2010


initially we bordered the beds with wood but soon realised that this was too much work for the moment, so just roughly marked out beds and put in whatever we had ready. Maybe the autumn would be better for making proper raised beds. Once the top row reached the archway we started on the lower row: it was obvious we wouldn’t use the enitre plot this year so the final quarter, near the churchyard, was planted with crimson clover for 12 months.There has been an insane  amount of weeding required, mare’s tail, ground clover, bindweed and  also comfrey sprouting up everywhere. One of the first things I did on the plot in March was mark out and plant comfrey, not realising the entire walled garden was a huge comfrey bed!

looking towards  kingston lane from the archway

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: